Frozen Countershaft Sprocket Nut

scottie_b205

Any ideas on how to break my SWM 240s countershaft sprocket nut. Penetrating oil is doing nothing. I stuffed a block of wood between the rear wheel and swingarm, sat on the rear tire, applied heat with mapping gas to the nut, and had a breaker bar with a long pipe on top of it and the nut won't move. The chain is still attatched and another block of wood is behind the rear tire and it just spins the rear wheel. I can't see the nut being reverse threaded. I haven't heated the nut cherry red. I think it will hurt the countershaft itself. My impact gun isn't doing half of what the breaker bar is doing.

Any ideas? :)

Edited by scottie_b205

DRILL A 2.5MM HOLE INTO SPROCKET NUT FACE , ( NARROWEST SECTION BETWEEN THREADS AND SPROCKET NUT FLAT ) THEN WITH FINE ( 1MM ) DREMMEL CUTTING WHEEL CUT FROM NUT FLAT INTO 2.5MM HOLE . THIS DOESN`T HAVE TO BE ALL THE WAY THRU AND THEN STRIKE THE NUT WITH HAMMER AND PUNCH IN AN ANTI CLOCKWISE DIRECTION WITH ENGINE IN NEUTRAL AND REAR WHEEL ON GROUND

THIS WILL SNAP THE NUT WHERE THE HOLE WAS DRILLED AND LOOSEN ITS GRIP ON SHAFT AT SAME TIME . OF COURSE ALL THIS WILL BE USELESS IF YOU HAVE NOT GOT A SPARE NUT

Well I took Woodbutchers advice and knocked a piece off of the nut. I drilled two holes and dremalled across them. I knocked the piece off and since there was an edge I took a drift, placed it on the edge, and hit it with a hammer a few times. The nut finally spun. I had to pry the lock washer off then tap the back of the sprocket in a circular pattern to get that off.

Now I have a new problem. I broke the rest of the bike down to have the frame repainted. When I was taking the forks off, the bottom triple clamp pinch area just about broke off. I believe it was stressed to begin with. It's cracked all the way across. Someone replaced the SWM fork leg with a Betor fork leg from a Bultaco on that side. The handle bar also looks as if it took a hit on that side.

Anyone know where I might find a triple clamp?

Scott