Would You Give A 5 (failure)

bdmc

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing i am the rider in question here, as far as i thought my handlebar stayed off the ground and my knee took the brunt of the fall, still have the scar to prove it. the bike was virtually laid on its side with my other leg pointing skyward. I thought it was a dodgy 2, but its one of those incedents where it was down to observer descretion. We as riders have to take the rough with the smooth, there are plenty of marks which we get away with on a proffesional level, i.e toes touching the ground but feet still on the pegs! The rules dont make it easy for observing and riders will bend the rules as far as possible. In my opinion any rider who is stationary with a foot down (or any other body part) it should be a instant 5.

I'm guessing i am the rider in question here, as far as i thought my handlebar stayed off the ground and my knee took the brunt of the fall, still have the scar to prove it. the bike was virtually laid on its side with my other leg pointing skyward. I thought it was a dodgy 2, but its one of those incedents where it was down to observer descretion. We as riders have to take the rough with the smooth, there are plenty of marks which we get away with on a proffesional level, i.e toes touching the ground but feet still on the pegs! The rules dont make it easy for observing and riders will bend the rules as far as possible. In my opinion any rider who is stationary with a foot down (or any other body part) it should be a instant 5.

Not you actually as the rider in question acknoledged the fact his bars were on the ground. Your comment just shows how tricky it is to make a judgement under the current rules.

Only two good rules made in the past twenty years were time limits, one to stop riders p***ing about in the section all day and the other to stop them taking all day to do the first lap.

Would agree with that. Only problem is that no one times a section under a National.