Bosi Arrow Exhaust.

benbeta23

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not very responsible behaviour, fitting an exhaust where the sound is "immense", not bothered about the noise issue & loss of land by giving anti motorcycling people ammunition to use against us.

As long as you're alright though eh? :lol:

If your so concerened about environmental issues, Why don't you sell your bike so it's one less that won't cause any more pollution issues, & buy an Oset instead. I do care about our enviornment, But a few Arrow exhausts on Evo 4T's isn't going to make a huge difference to our planet, Is it really?, It's not like the owner of the land I ride at is going to say 'Sorry mate but you can't ride that here with that exhaust on, It's to noisy & is going to do to much damage to our planet', Sorry t-shock 250, But if that's the only thing you can moan about, You really do need to get a life mate.

Steve, The Arrow exhaust is a real good piece of kit though, It rides & performs so well with it on. It's a fair bit more Zippy compared to the standard silencer, But is definatly worth the money.

Edited by GasGasben

Ben, the noise issue is one which we as off-road motorcyclists can't ignore. Many venues have been lost to us due to noise and other side effects of our beloved sport.

There is simply no need for loud or "immense" sounding pipes on trials bikes, especially 4 strokes which as we all know carry a lot further than a strokers sound.

There is very little performance gain which the vast majority of riders can benefit from, they certainly don't help to keep your feet on the pegs.

What do you mean about the exhaust "damaging the planet"? i don't understand, i'm trying to make the point about joe public complaining about noisy bikes which he may not even be able to see over the fell/woods but that doesn't stop him contacting the council/police/national park and objecting to it.

Not sure why you brought up selling my bike for less pollution?, thats completely irrelevant.

As for the Oset? well i'm a bit too big for one, but i think you'll be seeing a lot more full size electric trials before too long.

Ben, the noise issue is one which we as off-road motorcyclists can't ignore. Many venues have been lost to us due to noise and other side effects of our beloved sport.

There is simply no need for loud or "immense" sounding pipes on trials bikes, especially 4 strokes which as we all know carry a lot further than a strokers sound.

There is very little performance gain which the vast majority of riders can benefit from, they certainly don't help to keep your feet on the pegs.

What do you mean about the exhaust "damaging the planet"? i don't understand, i'm trying to make the point about joe public complaining about noisy bikes which he may not even be able to see over the fell/woods but that doesn't stop him contacting the council/police/national park and objecting to it.

Not sure why you brought up selling my bike for less pollution?, thats completely irrelevant.

As for the Oset? well i'm a bit too big for one, but i think you'll be seeing a lot more full size electric trials before too long.

A few exhausts won't make any difference, I no some venues have been lost throughout the country, which is a shame, But I am reccomending a part to someone which I have the right to. But The bike isn't noisy enough that people will complain, It just sounds sweet.

Edited by GasGasben

You meant immense as in sounds sweet rather than a bloody great racket? No probs there. :lol:

It just has a nice tone to it, but far from a horrible tone that it will really erritate people. It's a real good bit of kit.

Edited by GasGasben

Thanks for the info Ben. Anyone tried the factory titanium silencer as well and see how it works?

It's quite a bit better than the standard one, But not a patch on the Arrow one, It is just the same as the standard apart from it's made from titanium. There is just a slight increase in performance. I think Ben Hemingway is using one.

Edited by GasGasben

To answer the question about the factory pipe- When I had my 2009 300 and added the factory pipe it was all good, just a "slight" raise in sound, a little deeper and a little more power from bottom up. Miss that sound and would do it again in a heart beat. I don't think the sound would bother any one the bike is very quit stock, again just a little deeper.

I would like to hear the Arrow.

To answer the question about the factory pipe- When I had my 2009 300 and added the factory pipe it was all good, just a "slight" raise in sound, a little deeper and a little more power from bottom up. Miss that sound and would do it again in a heart beat. I don't think the sound would bother any one the bike is very quit stock, again just a little deeper.

I would like to hear the Arrow.

Take a look at this, I recorded a sound clip of My dad's Evo 4T with the Arrow Exhaust on. Does sound really good though & also sounds a lot noiser on the video than it is really.

http://s847.photobucket.com/albums/ab32/Be...t=NVEExport.mp4

Edited by GasGasben

• 3 weeks later...

Had one on mine for around 3 weeks now, i have to say it is amazing, bottom end is a lot more responsive, top end is also very good, & best of all it sounds superb, in my opinion the best sounding 2 stroke of the lot. 100% worth the money.

Does the bike still have a good traction with the ARROW ?

Does the bike still have a good traction with the ARROW ?

Yes 100%, If anything it has much better traction with the Arrow Exhaust on, You notice a big difference all the way through the rev range as well, It's superb, Definatly worth the extra cost, Even though it's an arm & a leg.

• 2 weeks later...