New User To Forum

skyline

Hi all just joined forum. Steve from LEEDS Been a off road trail rider for many years & a road biker for most of my life 57 now old sod, Anyway just bought myself a 2006 beta rev3 270 & so far i am delighted with the looks & quality of build. Suppose i might think differently when the thing chuck me off into a ditch or worse. From readings i maybe should have gone for the 250 or even the tamer 200, but always been a sucker for big. Gsxr100 K1, GSX1400. VFR800. and quite a few more. I,ve lost a lot of freinds to motorcycling over the years & been lucky myself so maybe its time to flog the bikes & stay off road. Not that its 100% as quite a few of our group of trail riders have had some nasty offs but not fatal & usualy just a big ouch & bruises & dented ego. Done some trials stuff when a lot younger. Always used to say to the lads we were on the wrong bikes when on trail go up steep stuff as there great for blasting green lanes but crap on steep slopes, you can,t stand up or the bike flips, you sit down & theres not enough grip. Anyway not sure of anywhere to go around the leeds area so i,ll have to look on here & see if i get any idea,s. Not asure of oil mix for bike , The guy i bought it off says he used 70ml oil to 5 litres fuel anyone know???

Hi Steve.Oil mix sounds about right.I use 300ml to 20litres good unleaded.Use synthetic.IF the 270 is a bit fierce check for flywheel weights on/ off or type of throttle quick/slow .Theres other stuff you can do to mellow it-gaskets and such-check the threads.But personally I have found,initially,some bikes too aggressive until I have got used to them.I reckon the trial is a pretty safe habit as far as injury goes.Having said that I'll probably go and wrench my knee tomorrow and spend the next fortnight hobbling around.

Welcome to trials Steve, I always use fully synthetic 2t oil and mix 80mls to 5 litres. Some may tell you to use more and others will say less, you can always use less next time if you feel it's running a bit oily.

One thing you will really notice with trials is how inexpensive the sport is, a set of tyres will last for many events and the entry fee is usually under

Welcome to trials. You have a great bike and agree with the tips given. Check you have a slow throttle fitted. I retarded the ignition 4-5mm on mine to get the bike a little quieter.... or run it with three base gaskets. Check the jets are correct with the importer and run high octane gas. Ralphy