09 Scorpa Sy 250 2t

benz19

Just bought a piece of history!!

I have an 09 Scorpa sy250 2t,factory prepaired and obviously the last one with the Jap engine!!

Im led to believe that there were only 30 of these made,i know they are not a revolution of the 08 bike but thought it would be nice to own one :-)

Im a Gasgas man normaly and also have a 09 250 Pro,but thought i would give the Scorpa a try as it looks beautiful and built to last,unlike some other makes which turn out to be made of recycled coke cans :-)

Benz

Can you post us a picture before you get it dirty. You might have a piece of real trials history. B)

Will do,im laid up after having an op on my leg,WHICH MEANS IM GONA MISS THE VIC BRITTAIN!!!!!!

Bought it whilst suffering from post opp blues i think :-)

Still its a gorgeous looking bike,watched my mate plod round the garden on it yesterday and is sounds lovely too!

Benz

Cheers Pete!!

Not the best photos but they will have to do for now.

Just cant wait to ride it,wish my leg would heal faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had an hour or two in garage with it tho,stripped it down a little,look REALLY well built,just hope it rides as well as it look??

Anyone had any time on n 09 at all??

Benz

Mods that have been carried out are as follows.............

1) sump guard trimmed on water pump side

2) frame modified so complete rear end,airbox and silencer come off by just removing 4 screws and undo carb rubber

3) thermostate repositioned into water pipe coming from cylinder head

4) beta throttle spring in carb to make throttle lighter

5) larger AJP clutch master cylinder,much lighter than standard

6) carb has been set up by Birkett but as yet i do not know jet sizes

7) reed bloke has been modified,again by Birkett,again i have yet to investigate

Benz

• 2 weeks later...
A couple of pictures of Benz's 2009 Scorpa.

DSC01827.jpg

DSC018221.jpg

wow!....first time I've seen one of these!.....like the new color scheme...certianly better than ORANGE!

at first , I thot you were talking about the 15 th anniversary special, which is another sexy beast

Mods that have been carried out are as follows.............

1) sump guard trimmed on water pump side

2) frame modified so complete rear end,airbox and silencer come off by just removing 4 screws and undo carb rubber

3) thermostate repositioned into water pipe coming from cylinder head

4) beta throttle spring in carb to make throttle lighter

5) larger AJP clutch master cylinder,much lighter than standard

6) carb has been set up by Birkett but as yet i do not know jet sizes

7) reed bloke has been modified,again by Birkett,again i have yet to investigate

Benz

well, never heard of those mods before...seeems like you've ownd scorpas before!

I'm very interested in the frame mods to remove air box/silencer unit easily...how about more detail or photos ....massso

Just bought a piece of history!!

I have an 09 Scorpa sy250 2t,factory prepaired and obviously the last one with the Jap engine!!

Im led to believe that there were only 30 of these made,i know they are not a revolution of the 08 bike but thought it would be nice to own one :-)

Im a Gasgas man normaly and also have a 09 250 Pro,but thought i would give the Scorpa a try as it looks beautiful and built to last,unlike some other makes which turn out to be made of recycled coke cans :-)

Benz

courious about the term ''factory prepaired''...what does that entail ?............massso

100% correct :-)

so, are you going to tell use how you made the rear end/airbox/mussfer thingy?

so.s we can get to the carb faster and easier ???

wood have been nice if the factory designed the bike this way!.....................................masso