Beta Rev 3 2000

foulkesy

Located temp switch on rad as previous post, it and it is not wired??

Looks as if she has been wired to run permanent?? It aint Now!!

Purchased the bike recently, she is very clean with no signs of abuse, air filter good,bearings,sounds sweet,chain sprockets all good etc etc.

Clutch was stuck on but I have sorted that and changed what was clean oil, no signs of Emulsification.

Water level good.

However after the oil change she did seem a little noisier (I put atf in her)?

I have ridden the bike to what I consider hot, then again it is damn cold at the moment.

Any advise or tips on getting the cooling system,and noise increase from engine.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Edited by foulkesy

you get a better converation talking to yourself.....atf will make clutch/primary drive noise worse best clutch fix is as described by dan williams pinned at top of beta forum. The general opinion seems to be PJ1 (dont know spec) for beta gearbox/clutch. Not sure what you want to do with cooling system... beware of corrosion at water pump cover on pre 2009 beta's.

you get a better converation talking to yourself.....atf will make clutch/primary drive noise worse best clutch fix is as described by dan williams pinned at top of beta forum. The general opinion seems to be PJ1 (dont know spec) for beta gearbox/clutch. Not sure what you want to do with cooling system... beware of corrosion at water pump cover on pre 2009 beta's.

Thanks Chewy,

I will whip the cover off the pump and check out. I have the intention of following the clutch mod but to be fair there is minimal drag....at the moment!!

As for the fan operation fingers crossed some one may come up with a remedy.

Thanks

dave

Have you got the lights, horn wired up? Are they working? If you have and they are working, I would imagine somewhere in the past the thermostat has packed up and the previous owner has hard wired the fan, This is a great tip to remember in the field but on the downside the fan isnt designed to run continually and will eventually overheat itself and burn out. So if you have got lights and there working I would put money on the fan being kaput, Whip it out and spin it up on a car battery, if it doesn't New fan time, if it does spin (and you haven't got lights) it will be your voltage regulator Lampkins will sort you with both

As far as gearbox oil, Putoline Light Gear does it for me. No clutch grab and a nice smooth gearchange