Nooobie

ricts

Hello,

Just getting the virtual beers in, I've swapped over to the "dark side" aka Trials from Enduro. The KTM 250F was flogged (before it went bang, but with a new piston in it.... I don't flog duff gear) and a rather tasty '07 Gasser 250 TXT Pro was slotted into its place in the garage.

Currently time is my foe, or should I say lack of it (and the pants weather), the GG has been up & down the drive and that's it in a whole month of ownership!!.... not good.

I'm a member of the Manchester 17 MCC club and tend to marshall & set up at the enduro events when I can, I've marshalled one trial and spent hours stood in a stream... being a stickler for marks didn't bode well either.... If I've got to stand in a stream, I'll call a five when I see one, there's no such as a "big" dab in my books.

Other than that I'm looking to getting out on the bike, I'm currently working in Edinburgh so I e-mailed the local trials clubs to no avail!!!... so if any of you are based in Edinburgh and fancy a pint let me know... I'm based off Queensferry Road.

Cheers,

RTS

Hi RicTS,

Welcome to TC,

RT

Ahhhh,

This must be the SilverFox who once again strikes in a fellows moment of weakness.

Is that it now then??... I've joined the TC forum, I've denounced enduros (for the time being.... wife's just agreed to me doing a KTM try out day...... just to the east of Edinburgh!!!, and I don't have to come home for the weekend... OMG! can life get any better????)... and I may start wearing spandex... or if I can't afford that, just the base layer from my enduro kit.... though Gezza stating I looked like Max Wall was a bit harsh in my opinion.

So does this now complete my transfer to the "dark side", will you be my mentor in the "ways" of the "dark side".... will I ever master the dark art of the much discussed "Jap Zab"????

The Gasser is looking mint (added more bling to the already "it came like that gov'" bling), all the snow in Edinburgh has gone.... not too sure about Manchester, but is this weekend the weekend I tear up the garden?

RTS