1975 & 1976/250 & 350 Sherpa T Tanks The Same?

ktmmule

I am thinking and hopeing the answer is yes.

I have a M159 1976 350 Sherpa T I am restoring. I have a line on a 1975 250 Sherpa T tank.

Are they the same tank and if not are they interchangeable?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by ktmmule

Generally, the 1975 model relates to a model 124/125, these had the one piece slimline fibreglass tank/seat unit, or in the UK, the alloy Homerlite unit. So no, completely different from a 159.

If it is a late 1975 model, then it could be a model 158 in which case the tanks would be the same. You just need to establish exactly which model the 1975 250 is.

Hi

Yes your tanks will interchange - as will most other cycle parts - as long as Woody states you have the late 75 type

If the bolt hole is at side - you are in business - but if tank is off the 74 type ( which also ran into 75 ) it will be one piece with bolt hole at top.

The frames of ghe later 75-76 only really vary in the frame design just undeer the headstock - straight opn 350 - but slightly " bowed" on the 350 - but all other parts will interchange - as will everything else cycle wise

Does anyone know why the 250 and 350 sherpas from 75 through to 77 had different frames,I have always been curious as to why this was done.

The 250's 158 182 and 190 had this shorter frame with more ground clearance with a shorter set of forks as well as a different bottom triple clamp and airbox, any ideas why? From 1978 both bikes used the same frame which was based on the earlier 350