Carb Jet

squid

Squid ,

With the carb off the bike, float bowl removed, slide cable etc out ...... the center hole in the body is the Main, about a 1/4 inch behind the main there is the pilot, and unscrewed from the bowl side. When you look through the orifices the main will most likely be clear and you will see daylight. The pilot may not be so clear and may appear to have an "S" in it. A small bladed screwdriver is required to remove the pilot. Take care as it is brass and you can easily turn the top off if it is stuck! The numbers (size) are on the jet and with old age can be hard to see.

Tony

Squid, just in case your confused the pilot jet thats been mentioned that is in the carb body is screwed in and fixed, the mixture screw thats on the outside,the small brass screw with a slot, should be 1 & 1/4 turns out for a starting point(125cc bike), if it runs clean then this is OK. The mixture screw and pilot jet work together to give a correct mix of fuel and air from low revs, if its set wrong the bike will not pick up cleanly from low revs.

Thanks Tony283 & Andy T again.

I did all as said when I bent your ears with this one a couple of weeks ago. I missed taking this pilot jet fella out last time ,so I gentle got him out but then thought does this need some sort of setting. Iam now reading loud and clear.

Sorry, Iam one of those special needs people.

Cheers

Squid.