Newbie In Wiltshire

welshoneder

Hey all, completely new to this forum and trials riding, just got myself a beta techno 250 1999. I live in the wiltshire area, Lyneham to be specific. If anyone is near me and knows some good places to ride let me know, although flat tarmac is proving to be quite difficult to ride at the mo! track stand is so much easier on a push bike!!

have alook at wessex ctre acu (google it) within that you will find wilts border club Theresa Talbot centre secretary lives less than 1o miles from you. Event worth visiting on sunday mendip vale traders trial just on western outskirts of bristol I think the Valers have a website too. see you around

Welcome...

You are also very close to the Swindon and District MCC. We even hold a trial in May (and again in July) about 4 miles from you at Brinkworth. Have a look at the website on www.sdmcc.org.uk. We are also staging one at Devizes in June (a Sunday event with a BBQ afterwards). The August event is at Bushton near Wootton Bassett. I think those dates are right - I know the venues are because I'll be marking out for some and am Clerk of the Course for the May event.

Do have a look at the site. Practise areas are thin on the ground around here trails are plentiful. Some of the Centre rounds are a bit tough. However, things like the Swindon Club's summer series and those of Chewy's club (which is Kingswood) are intended to cater for everyone from absolute beginners up to experts. This is done by three or four routes being marked out to provide sections to suit/test all abilities.

Happy trialling... :P