My New Tl

maddogtl

The lights worked about ten sec then the bulb burn't out. The tail light went out also but it looks fine. I assume when the headlight bulb goes it breaks the circuit and that's why the tail light went out. But, does anyone know for sure? I got insurance today on the TL's. First step in the registering process. Made it to the DMV right at closing but they told me to go back to the town hall first. So the big day will be Monday to find out if I can pull this off and get these bike's road legal. I ordered 4 sets of bulbs and believe it or not the tail light was still available from Honda so I got that to. Found a switch from an XR that should work and am biding on a like new headlight on ebay. I will take tons of pictures once this project is complete and I am riding around downtown Portland.

It's the right bulb. The voltage comes from the stator and yes the lights get brighter when you rev it as it should.. A wire came lose under the tank due to the lousy job I did making jumpers. I ordered 4 headlight bulbs and 4 taillights. Again does the taillight bulb go out when the headlight bulb goes? Has anyone had a headlight light bulb go and the tail light stay on? Does anyone have a headlight for this bike? TL, MR, MT, CT there all the same headlight. I need one more. Just registered the bike today and all I need is to get these lights working and I can ride through town on this TL. There's a company in Thiland that has them new for like 40 bucks but I don't want to wait a month for it to show up.

• 5 months later...

Hy

I had the same problem, all bulbs were blown, when you start reving, even 12v bulbs. you need a regulator. I bought one from Electrex,co.uk in the internet from UK for 6V:

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/rg06-regulator-1325-0.html ooops, they are sold out at the moment, but I guess they will make new ones soon.

maybe also another one from Ebay of a 6V Honda should fit. Put it to the one wire not yet used for the ignition coming out of the engine, importantly at the beginning, before anything else is connected. Screw it to the frame under the seat, make sure the bolt has contac to the iron of the frame (mass).

It worked since then. Only the lights, with an additional horn (ac), the system breaks down...but light is fine.

Let me know..

Regards from Switzerland

Pat