Stiff Gear Change

lostboy

hi all, iv brought myself an sy250 to fall off for the summer.... iv noticed that when it gets hot changing gear becomes harder.... ie i need to let the clutch out a little to get the bike in gear. is this a gear oil problem or are all scorpas like this?? any advice would be wicked. :thumbup:

My 07 ...bought new iin 08...has never shifted well. Different oils and different temps seem to have no major affect...though I believe ATF may be just a smidge better for slick shifts (if you can call them that). More slack in the chain seems to allow better shifting in the higher gears .... a taughter chain seems to make the 1-2 gears easier to shift inbetween. I always thought it would break in and improve...but it never has....its a clunky shifter. Engine speed seems to be much bigger factor thany my previous GasGas ride.

yeah. Thanks 4 that, i was wondering if it was just the dicky yammy gearbox syndrome.... ill have to live with it... cheers dude

ya, its an old engine..but theres no newer one to compare with its torque!

other problem is the draggy clutch!

mines an 03...was wondering if they improved through the years..can you push it in gear, when hot with clutch lever in ???

my rear wheel won't budge !!1..........................massso

ya, its an old engine..but theres no newer one to compare with its torque!

other problem is the draggy clutch!

mines an 03...was wondering if they improved through the years..can you push it in gear, when hot with clutch lever in ???

my rear wheel won't budge !!1..........................massso

mines an 04 and theres no clutch drag at all, i can push it in gear too.

when hot (the bike not me)...ya gotta find nuetral to push it!

actually, I've had a bit of a breakthrough here ...got new plates, took a center punch to them, greated a bunch of little craters for oil to sit in ....keeping the plates wet..this has improved drag quite a bit ..can push anything but first gear!can start clutch in ..in anything but first....so, it can be done.

but thing goes into neeetral so easily ....not a biggy...................mass