Noisy Jtx

hoggyf

This is probably a very stupid question but.............

Why is my 97 JTX so much noisier than my mates 2005 250 and 280 pro?

I thought that the silencer probably wanted re-packing so striped it out and found it pretty well packed allready (no surprise really - guy who had it before looked after it) but i repacked it anyway and it made no difference at all.

Its really "pops" on the overrun and especially when te choles out for starting, would prefer it quieter so i can practise on my drive without driving the neighbours mad.

This is probably a very stupid question but.............

Why is my 97 JTX so much noisier than my mates 2005 250 and 280 pro?

I thought that the silencer probably wanted re-packing so striped it out and found it pretty well packed allready (no surprise really - guy who had it before looked after it) but i repacked it anyway and it made no difference at all.

Its really "pops" on the overrun and especially when te choles out for starting, would prefer it quieter so i can practise on my drive without driving the neighbours mad.

It's a different engine and has 8 years more use on it. The popping on over run may be jetting and/or leaky seals/gaskets. If it's exhaust noise, the packing in the mid-muffler may be gone. Noises are somewhat difficult to diagnose on the Internet so you may want to have someone with mechanical experience listen to it.

Jon