Ssdt Routes Revealed

staggiedog

Lies, damned lies, and statistics as the saying goes.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the amazing figures but Mount Everest is 29029 ft high. You dont climb it from sea level but even from Lukla in Nepal (where most start) its 19679 ft to the sumit.

The elevation gained and lost during six day week would be enough for an accent and decent and almost another accent from base camp to the summit as its 12000 ft from base camp to the summit. I've checked the maps and worry about fuel stops however.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics as the saying goes.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the amazing figures but Mount Everest is 29029 ft high. You dont climb it from sea level but even from Lukla in Nepal (where most start) its 19679 ft to the sumit.

The elevation gained and lost during six day week would be enough for an accent and decent and almost another accent from base camp to the summit as its 12000 ft from base camp to the summit. I've checked the maps and worry about fuel stops however.

Sounds like we must develop a small turbocharger for the Mont just to get to base camp! Fact is that both humans and machines start having some real problems at over about 10,000 ft mark. :rolleyes: