Tlr200 - Alternative Kick-start Lever?

jmo

I was just wondering if there are any alternatives for a kick start lever that fit the TLR200?

I have fitted a pair of WR Pivot-Pegz (I'll post a picture soon, they work really well!) that I modified to fit the original TLR footrest brackets - however, typically when fitting wider pegs, the kick start lever now hits the front edge of the peg unless you fold it up.

Before I take my original kickstart lever down to the forge and get it bent, I wonder if there is an off-the-shelf alternative that people have used?

Many thanks,

Jenny xx

the xl/xr ones will fit, but they will hit the footpeg even more, i fitted wider pegs, so i now just lift up the footrest, (no spring on that one), and kick it and after starting, just make sure you put the peg back down.

Funny you should say that hondanut... after I posted, I had a very similar idea...

However, my peg didn't stay up on it's own, so initially I created an elaborate engineering solution using a dremel, and magnet and some araldite...

DSC00334.jpg

The pedal flicks up and the magnet holds it in place while you kick the starter...

DSC00333.jpg

And it worked really well on my test ride today - right up to the point the wind blew the bike over on a particularly desolate hillside, and the magnate smashed as the peg hit the frame* - doh...

*I mounted the magnate a little proud so as to make a good connection with the frame.

Anyway, once I got home I put my thinking cap on, and came up with a far simpler and certainly more old-school and appropriate solution:

DSC00344.jpg

A couple of little rubber donuts around the shaft where the spring would reside, with just enough pressure between the frame and body of the peg to hold it in place in the upward position... and at the same time, be less prone to moving upwards at an inopportune moment while riding... I'm also going to cut a little rubber square to fit in the recess where the magnet went, to stop the peg impacting on the frame should the bike fall over again (as there is not spring on that side)...

J xx

Edited by JMo