Fantic Tx 250 Help

caballero125

I have just brought a fantic tx 250 125 trials bike for resto , but i need a little advice . I note the forks have fantic motor on them cast into the slider ?. I see some seem to have marzocchi forks fitted ?. The frame looks to be silver , but i thought they were red ? . The yokes have fantic motor stamped on them? , any idea,s to the age ?. The rear shocks in the picture are they correct? look forward to finding out any information thanks Kevin from London.

trialsbike001.jpg

trialsbike009.jpg

trialsbike006.jpg

trialsbike005.jpg

trialsbike002.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Kevin,

This looks like a 1978 Fantic, first series (in rough shape).

The frame and frontforks are painted silver, the Fantic name is embossed in several parts (frontfork, headstock).

Rearshocks should be silver, with black springs (maybe some were delivered with red springs).

Kind regards,

Arie from Holland

Thanks for the advice :) , i did look at the fantic france site last night to find out the same answer for its age . The bike has a fair few war wounds to repair , but my cabbie 125 wasn't any better when i got it . The last owner says he had it for 25 years , then he took it apart and left it . I would say its been apart for a long time judging from the rust collected :P , but a full resto is in order . Dose anybody have the top yoke they might sell me ??. From looking at it, it looks very close to my cabbie 50 top yoke but i only collected the bike yesterday so not sure yet .

FANTIC-TRIAL-125-1981-l_1.jpg

Edited by caballero125

Im off work today so though i would sift through the bike parts . First job was to soak some of the parts in no nonsense to remove rust from damp storage - wet :shock: :P . The engine is all there too after checking through the parts 8) , the barrel and piston are near perfect inside 8) . I even found a new set of engine bearing in one of the boxes . 8) . The side panels are there but broken but might be possible to mould from them .

Here is my bike brought for

Edited by caballero125

I also have the same model. Mine was in a similar state, its still in the same state but now together in one piece although with new tyres fitted, new engine bearings and a few new cables. Its having its first outing this sunday. I'll let you know how I get on.

I also have the same model. Mine was in a similar state, its still in the same state but now together in one piece although with new tyres fitted, new engine bearings and a few new cables. Its having its first outing this sunday. I'll let you know how I get on.

This bike of mine came from somerset not far from you . Im going to get the frame blasted and powder coated , the engine vapour blaster and powder the engine cases . I don't think it will be ready for use for a few month,s yet . The worst thing is the top yoke is broken , but i have the piece so may be able to weld it , not sure how the bike will be off road .

I picked mine up in mersyside. (probably been nicked hahaha) I'll restore mine one day but at the moment I have too much on my plate, so I'll just use it when I can. Your in the right place for spares if you live in somerset as you have bob wrights nearby in Weston. He will have all the parts you will ever need new or secondhand. I think there is another breaker in or near taunton who also has shed loads of Fantic parts.

I picked mine up in mersyside. (probably been nicked hahaha) I'll restore mine one day but at the moment I have too much on my plate, so I'll just use it when I can. Your in the right place for spares if you live in somerset as you have bob wrights nearby in Weston. He will have all the parts you will ever need new or secondhand. I think there is another breaker in or near taunton who also has shed loads of Fantic parts.

I live in london , but i know Bob Wright well . I have spent a few bob- ha ha there over the last few years ^_^ I thought as the bike is mostly striped anyway it made sense to restore it . But i can use the K Roo while this work takes place . I have only done local woods trial,s and a quarry hill climb , but i only do it for fun .

Nice find Kevin. Hope you can make as good a job of this one as you did the Cabelero

I have restored quiet a few fantic,s , but the rc caballero was a challenge to say the least . But hope to restore this fantic trials to show with the cabbie

Not the most successfull day out. I discovered my clutch slips and my front brake is usless.

But worst of all the bike bogged badly. I have just ordered a new HT coil in a hope this might be the problem.

Otherwise, great little bike. Although I now need a new seal for one of my rear shocks, so if your going to bin those shocks can I have first dibs as I need the seal head.