Cabestany 290 Fuel Problem

mudmaster

I have a 06 cabestany 290 and its no running properaly at at all. At low revs there is no power, will not tick over, and starts to die. Meduim to high revs better seams better but perhaps a little smoky.

I have had the carb off a number of times cleaned out every orifis with the airline. Checked float hieght, mixture screw all seam OK.

Please help as this is driving me made.

Couple of thoughts come to mind. Firstly, ail alone will not always do when cleaning a carby. You really need to remove the jets and find a fine wire to pass through in order to assure there is not a fine particle(could be clear silica) blockage.

Second, if this is a Caby with a Kiehin, be sure there is no bowl vent tube installed that can pinch and block on the muff side.

A blocked fueltank vent will be slower to react as level drops, so this is likely out.

Worst case, you could have leaky crank seals sucking air, and or oil (depending upon which side). Ck to see if the chrakcase vent tube is draring a vacume on itself by running it out the side and cleaning it, then put your tongue over it! It should not blow back either! :banana2: Any loss of tranny fluid? 450ml in=450ml out?

I have done and checked the following but the problem is still there.

1) Cleaned carb again with air and wire though every orific.

2) Carb vent clear and not stopping the movement of the float.

3) Fuel tap cleaned seamed ok.

4) Does not appear to be a vacum or pressure on the crankcase vent.

Please someone help as I am lossing the will to live with this bike.

Well, these things are difficult at times, specially by long distance!

Th last thing that comes to mind reguarding potential leakage of the crank seals would be to test the left side one by removing the mag side cover and spraying in a bit if carby cleaner behind the flywheel with the bike running and looking for a noniceable change in idle or low speed running.

WE HAVE NOT TOUTCHED UPON ELECTRICAL YET! But ignition units, and even stators can do some really odd stuff at times! Disconnect you kill switch! Clean and ck your earthpoint on the CDI(coil). Any other points you find!

Do you have a local mate you cpuld swap cdi units with? Carbs? :banana2:

Edited by copemech