Excesive Clutch Noise

supermotodaz

Just rebult a 03 txt pro, and got it running today for the first time, had trouble bleeding the clutch but i think i,m there now, but i seem to have excesive noise coming from the clutch, i,m assuming this because as soon as i pull in the lever the noise go,s and the engine sounds sweet.

I,ve just wiped of the side clutch cover expecting to see something loose or obvious, bearing looks o.k but thats as far as i have got so far, not removed the clutch itself yet, any ideas as to what may cause this noise.

Cheer,s

Daz

Just rebult a 03 txt pro, and got it running today for the first time, had trouble bleeding the clutch but i think i,m there now, but i seem to have excesive noise coming from the clutch, i,m assuming this because as soon as i pull in the lever the noise go,s and the engine sounds sweet.

I,ve just wiped of the side clutch cover expecting to see something loose or obvious, bearing looks o.k but thats as far as i have got so far, not removed the clutch itself yet, any ideas as to what may cause this noise.

Cheer,s

Daz

Just spoke to importer who said this is normal, some models worse than others but nothing to worry about.

Yep,

No worries there Daz,

My 2010 is the same, sounds like its knocking (like a bag of hammers), pull the clutch in and its quiet,

You ever noticed how shercos always sound as though the fly is scraping against the casing?

each make has its unique characteristics I guess,

Kevo

Yep,

No worries there Daz,

My 2010 is the same, sounds like its knocking (like a bag of hammers), pull the clutch in and its quiet,

You ever noticed how shercos always sound as though the fly is scraping against the casing?

each make has its unique characteristics I guess,

Kevo

The rattling is normal if not too loud. The straight cut gears and clutch fingers are responsible from what I can figure

but it normally stops when pressure is put on the clutch by the servo cylinder (when the lever is pulled in).

Since It's an 03' model and has at least 7 years of use, if you replace the the two sets of caged needle bearings in the

clutch hub (you can't judge wear visually) that will probably reduce the rattling.

If you really want to hear clutch rattling, listen to a "dry" clutch in a roadrace bike like a TZ250, they sound like they are

ready to fall off the bike...:agreed:

Jon