Which forks for a 1970 Matador 250

jonnyscrambler

35mm leading axle Bultaco Betors and yes very likely that the forks and wheel and maybe triple clamps are shared with other Bultaos but before you go too far you should tell us which model Matador, not the year.

Using a year for Bultacos is a bit rubbery for ID purposes. Look at the frame and motor ID numbers and the prefixes of these numbers will identify which model Matador you have.

35mm leading axle Bultaco Betors and yes very likely that the forks and wheel and maybe triple clamps are shared with other Bultaos but before you go too far you should tell us which model Matador, not the year.

Using a year for Bultacos is a bit rubbery for ID purposes. Look at the frame and motor ID numbers and the prefixes of these numbers will identify which model Matador you have.

Where are you? I have some parts for a Matador you might want.

Hi Dave, I am in Bournemouth in England. I need 35mm forks, sliders and yolks. I have the top nuts and springs. Can you help and are you prepared to send to England?

Jonny

Pretty much guarantee it won't be worth the shipping. Sorry. Heck, the shipping costs of the forks alone will exceed the value of any Matador. :stoned:

:D

Ok I have had a look at photos of original Mk4 Matadors and the Matador triple clamps do look different to Sherpa T and Alpina models of the same era (that also have the tapered top end on the fork tubes). I don't have a good enough picture of Mk4 or Mk5 Pursang triple clamps to see how they compare with the MK4 Matador, but Pursang forks are in-line axle anyway.

You can fit a later front end off an Alpina (M115/116, M137/138) but the top clamp will look non-standard (if that matters to you)