TY 80

gordeee

Having picked up a rather nice TY80, I've a few questions and wondered if anybody would be kind enough to take some time and answer any if you can :wacko:

I'm keen to establish what year it is, I've had a look round net and drawn a blank. The frame No is 451-107041

The original autolube 2t system still seems to function fine, is it worth leaving be or blanking this off and mixing my own fuel?

On the subject of 2 stroke oil, what's recommended oil to use and approximately what mix is used if the oil pump is removed?

Gear Oil, the manual recommends 10W/30, any other recommendations on oil?

Many thanks in advance

Gordie

Email "Black Cat" (check for his posts here), I think he has a listing for the years.

Most people block off the autolub and use premix. Use any good synthetic 2 stroke oil - probably best with motorcycle specific oil. Mix the way it tells you on the can.

For the gear/clutch oil. Most avoid synthetics (to slippery for the clutch). Some folks use automatic transmission oil. You really want the cheap 10/30 without the Moly in it.

Don't have a heartattack over it - ride and enjoy, just make sure you do have oil in it.

Alan