2006 Sherco 2.9

squidwheelies

Hello all! I just bought a 2006 Sherco 2.9 and it's my first trials bike. I come from Sportbike Freestyle where we tend to crash a lot and keep around spare levers and other parts that can easily be damaged and ruin a riding session.

I was curious what you guys all keep around for spares. I was thinking of just buying The clutch and front brake levers, but wondered if you would recommend keeping anything else around. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Depends upon what you intend to do with the bike! If you plan upon riding some actual trials practice and competitions, all weekend out riding, then having spares around does help.

Much also depends upon who you are riding with as ewll. duplicates of stuff between buddies does not always help.

If you attend a trials where there is a local dealer who rides, and keeps most spares in stock(which many do) Then putting your own in reserve is not needed.

If you fall on a rock and break a kickstart lever, it can ruin a day out, yet I have only had one in about ten years, and do not keep a spare at $100 per. Brake and shift levers are a bit less. Bars about $50 ish as well.

Levers are rel cheap, you can get short two finger levers, three finger levers(yours came with) or long 4 finger levers. The short ones are better protected by the bar ends(which you should install to protect the grips) and if you put a bit of teflon tape under the lever perch mounts so they can pivot under only hand pressure, the lever breakage issue is minimal.

If you ride like an animal, you are going to tear up more than you will ever have on hand by flipping the bike and such. There IS a learning curve here, for ANY rider of other diciplines! Rear fenders cost money!

Doubt anything here would be as much as a crotch rocket! :rolleyes:

Edited by copemech