auto clutch?

farmerj

OK, this may be a weird question - has anyone ever heard of adding an auto clutch to a trials bike? I had a great time riding single-track trails yesterday on my TXT 321. While one doesn't need to shift much, there are a couple of spots where "no shifting" would be a benefit (ie, while sitting down on fireroads.)

Just thought I'd ask!

Jeff

PS - I've never ridden a bike with an auto clutch. Would you still get engine braking on the downhills?

OK, this may be a weird question - has anyone ever heard of adding an auto clutch to a trials bike? I had a great time riding single-track trails yesterday on my TXT 321. While one doesn't need to shift much, there are a couple of spots where "no shifting" would be a benefit (ie, while sitting down on fireroads.)

Just thought I'd ask!

Jeff

PS - I've never ridden a bike with an auto clutch. Would you still get engine braking on the downhills?

Jeff, I sell both Revloc and Rekluse auto clutches. Autoclutches are not like a cars transmission. You still need to shift through the gears. The auto clutch just wont allow you to stall the bike in gear. Think of it as a centrifical clutch like on an old school go cart. Gas on you go...gas off you stop but the motor still runs. Auto clurtches are great for trail riding, racing and everything in between. I just dont see where it would be a benifit to a trials bike. I could be wrong though.... it has happened before.

Yes you still get engine braking on downhills. Sometimes you will free wheel when you are not under load.

Edited by dougmccabe