sherco 2011 fuel filler

chr155_d

Wonder if Chewy has done much peg time on the 250 as yet? Figure it may take some adjustment for him, yet as I had commented on the '10 250 I had ridden earlier this year, I had a really good time on it, though short in duration. Made me want more! :rolleyes:

I just got a 2011 290, rode it about 6 times now, most of which were wet and muddy.

Although it does collect dirt around the cap, i honestly have never thought of it as a problem. i just wipe it away with my hand, and take care when screwing off the cap. The most annoying thing for me is how tight the bloody cap gets!

I do however like tinkering, so have come up with what i think is a good idea.

imagine a tube made from thin steel mesh, with one end open. it would be the same diameter as the filler kneck, and as high as the bottom of the threads.

it just sits there, and if any dirt falls in, just whip it out and emtpy out the dirt.

I havent looked in my tank to see if its possible yet, but if it is, ill knock something up and post some pics.

I just got a 2011 290, rode it about 6 times now, most of which were wet and muddy.

Although it does collect dirt around the cap, i honestly have never thought of it as a problem. i just wipe it away with my hand, and take care when screwing off the cap. The most annoying thing for me is how tight the bloody cap gets!

I do however like tinkering, so have come up with what i think is a good idea.

imagine a tube made from thin steel mesh, with one end open. it would be the same diameter as the filler kneck, and as high as the bottom of the threads.

it just sits there, and if any dirt falls in, just whip it out and emtpy out the dirt.

I havent looked in my tank to see if its possible yet, but if it is, ill knock something up and post some pics.

check your fuel filter i bet there is some dirt in there!