scorpa 2001 motor change

sidey

I have just got a replacement motor for a 2001 scorpa that has the Yamaha TYZ 250 engine in it. The replacement motor has a cable clutch pull and the original has an hydraulic one fitted. It would appear that the hydraulic clutch system would fit but the clutch actuator is different. Can anyone tell me how to change the actuator in the casing, or has anyone got a workshop manual extract showing how to get to the actuator.

Any help would be grateful.

Its not a problem just swap them over. cant remember if the actuator arm just pulls out or not, if not then remove the clutch cover, remove the six bolts from the clutch remove the outside plate (dont loose the ball bearing) tip the bike so the push rod comes out a little them just pull the actuator arm out from the top and push the new one in.

Edited by godzilla

Its not a problem just swap them over. cant remember if the actuator arm just pulls out or not, if not then remove the clutch cover, remove the six bolts from the clutch remove the outside plate (dont loose the ball bearing) tip the bike so the push rod comes out a little them just pull the actuator arm out from the top and push the new one in.

You should worry about rear-arm pivot collars.

That of SY has the width of the one side 22.5mm only though that of TYZ is thrust out to both sides a little.

And, the inside diameter of the hole is different in TYZ and SY. The diameter of TYZ is the certainty 17mm, and SY is 15mm.

And they are pressed in very tight.If you want to extract them,it is necessary to push it out by using the oil hydraulic press. In that case, you should divide the crankcase.

You should worry about rear-arm pivot collars.

That of SY has the width of the one side 22.5mm only though that of TYZ is thrust out to both sides a little.

And, the inside diameter of the hole is different in TYZ and SY. The diameter of TYZ is the certainty 17mm, and SY is 15mm.

And they are pressed in very tight.If you want to extract them,it is necessary to push it out by using the oil hydraulic press. In that case, you should divide the crankcase.

There are some bushes on the swing arm pivot on the original motor that are tight fitting, I will let you know how i get on trying to push them out.

Thanks for the advise....new to this sport and motorcycles so its all very useful in my quest to get the 2001 scorpa back up and runing.

When I installed the motor of TYZ in SY, the crankcase was resolved and it pushed it out of the other side.

In that case, the treatment device and the oil hydraulic press to push it out were necessary.

It did not succeed as it was in a complete motor though I tried by several pullers.

Though it might be possible,it was easier to me to divide the crankcase.

You have another the option. Making a new special color.

However, this option needs the precision work with the lathe.

Moreover, it is necessary to examine the strength problem.

And, note the starter.

Both the kick crank and the starter axle differ from those of SY.

The kick crank of SY is folded more internally, and the starter axle of SY is shorter.

The kick crank is not stored at the position as they are for TYZ.