Water in my oil

geordabroad

Hello

when taking my engine apart it seems some water got into the bottom end of my engine. When I rotate the flywheel there is water on top of the oil as the big end of the piston rotates.

I assume I'll have to drain the oil and replace. Any other points I should know before I rebuild top end, put bike back together and do this?

Cheers

Ian

Hello

when taking my engine apart it seems some water got into the bottom end of my engine. When I rotate the flywheel there is water on top of the oil as the big end of the piston rotates.

I assume I'll have to drain the oil and replace. Any other points I should know before I rebuild top end, put bike back together and do this?

Cheers

Ian

Ian,

I'm assuming you mean the crankshaft area, not the transmission. You may have ingested some water in the airbox if you washed the bike, especially with a pressure washer. This is why it's a good idea to run the engine for a short time after washing. The crankshaft cavity is separate from the transmission cavity. This is probably not a serious problem.

Jon