Where To Wire A Cut Out Switch.

philswiv

Hi folks, I've had no response from the Beta forum so I'll try here instead. My '97 Techno has no cut out switch. I want to fit one or maybe a lanyard switch. I know they only have two wires (having fitted a new one to my lads crosser) but I don't know which wires to chop into on the Beta. Any ideas?

Yep, as I said in the beta forum phone John Lampkin, On my bike i did not have to 'cut into' anything. The kill button had just been pulled off from a 'spade'connector. The earth wire was not there though, you may need to attatch one. Chris at John Lampkin will tell you where the best place to earth is.

Edited by bob

Guest Ady Witting

To wire a cut out on your bike go to egnition coil find the feed wire (black) wire the cut out wire to this feed wire the other cut out wire to earth.

I have just bought one it cost me

• 2 weeks later...

you sure about that feed wire?, it should work but there should be a specific kill switch wire which rins along side this wire from the beginning up to that annoying sopot at the top of the radiator.

It is basically the same wire just forks out earlier.