hello all

nickjc

my name is nick im 26 and im new to trials, ive just recently got myself a gas gas txt280(2000)i thought i would introduce myself as ive been on here a few times alresdy, i would be realy gratefull for any tips and advice for an absolute begginer. are there any techniques that i should learn first or should i just learn a bit of everything over a period of time.

my name is nick im 26 and im new to trials, ive just recently got myself a gas gas txt280(2000)i thought i would introduce myself as ive been on here a few times alresdy, i would be realy gratefull for any tips and advice for an absolute begginer. are there any techniques that i should learn first or should i just learn a bit of everything over a period of time.

Hi Nick, welcome to the forum. A good idea is to attend a couple of Trials to see what skills the riders in your class are using and what type of obstacles you will encounter. Learn the rules used by the local club. Join a club and volunteer to help set up a Trial, there a lot of things you can do to help that don't require experience but you will gain experience by doing them. Helping set up a section is a really good way to learn how to "read" a section and figure out lines through it. Trials riders are a friendly group and usually will be happy to answer questions and give you pointers when they see you want to participate. Find a riding partner, usually another beginner also and share what skills you have with each other. There are a lot of good Trials training videos out there and they can help. Learn to work on your bike and keep it in good shape so it won't hinder your riding. Take time to set up your bike to fit you and make riding comfortable.

There are a lot of other things but here's a start.

Cheers.

Jon