TY175 Cracked Casing

ivorybull

I have the same problem and have ordered one from Independent Cycles (hasn't arrived yet). Looks like the same one.

Was yours the same as this?

Hi Rich,

Did you receive your cover from Independant cycles, was it off a MX175, if so what year did you order.

Can you recommend them.

Mine is leaking like sieve, welding unsuccessful.

rgds Roy

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Clutch cover from e-bay off a MX175 1975. it fits my 1976 TY175, its just a slightly different profile by the kickstart shaft, though it still fits, it required moving along the spline about 3mm, retaining bolt still goes thru. The retaining bolt in the ex oil pump compartment also required a slightly longer one.

Apart from these 2 small problems it is perfect, all mounting holes align and TY gasket can be used.

The best bit was the cost,

• 1 month later...

Roy,

Mine arrived and aligned up well, however as you said it is a different profile with the case being deeper than the TY case. Problem I have is also with the kick start shaft. Because the casing is deeper at the kick start there is a gap between the kickstart collar and the casing, I can fit the kickstart and retaining bolt however on first kick the internal moves and the return spring pops out of its housing. I suppose the problem could be resolved by inserting a spacer on the internal part of the shaft to take out any side ways movement.