Registering a trials bike fur road use

afk40

Guys.. can anyone tell me,, how do I go about gettin a Trials bike registered fur the road,, someone told me recently,, I cant unless its BRAND new.. Ive been on the DVLA wensite,, an cant find the appropiate wording or answers... can anyone help. thanks. john/afk

Guys.. can anyone tell me,, how do I go about gettin a Trials bike registered fur the road,, someone told me recently,, I cant unless its BRAND new.. Ive been on the DVLA wensite,, an cant find the appropiate wording or answers... can anyone help. thanks. john/afk

It don't have to be Brand New. Recently did my 19 year old Montesa following the information found here.DVLA

Don't expect the DVLA to move quickly but they WILL move in the end.

Best of Luck...

If the bike is only a year or two old you may be able to get a Cert of Newness from the importer, failing that they will give you a dating letter than you can use at the DVLC. There will be a charge for a dating letter, expect to pay

• 2 months later...

Is it for the SWM ?

Might have been registered before, easiest way is to take the bike to DVLA for inspection.

My SWM has the age stamped on the plate at the steering head, however DVLA will not accept that for some reason.

I got the old reg number back for a bargain