Trials Dealers (Repairs)

johnnydudeuk

Hi All,

As the subject says I'll be needing a dealer at some time shortly for a rebuild of my Sherco ST290 (2004). As I'm based in Birmingham area, West Midlands, UK, I was wondering if there was a local dealer I could rely upon for this. I was thinking BVM but they are 90 mins away....

Yesterday, I had an issue where my bike just stopped on a cold weather ride and today it started third kick but the plug was black. I was sure it was not clearing out all day and that seems to be right on the money after looking at the plug. I'm thinking that it might need at least a set of rings as the bikes history is unknown. If it was an MX bike I know who to take this to but not sure they are into trials rebuilds. Basically I'd like to get the engine to a known position and work from there.

Thanks!

Might want to try to start the bike up then shut off the petcock and run it out of fuel. Then turn the petcock back on and restart it.

The reason for this is some times a piece of debris can wedge between the needle and seat allowing the bowl to over fill making it rich. When you run it out of fuel the needle goes full open and the rush of fuel can sometimes clean the debris out.

I have had luck with this a couple of times.

It could also be a bad float.

Good luck,

Bill

One other thing to mention. Once upon a time in the days of my youth, I had consumed a few to many pints before mixing up my fuel and added a quite bit too much oil. The results were similar to the problem you are having.

Bill

Edited by gotdirt