Trials Bits Uk Avalabilty

trials lad

Hi all

I was looking at scottish trial and a few other spanish trials shops and it made me wonder why arnt almost half of the bits there not avalable in any uk trials shops.

For example on scottish trial you can buy a bieffie trials helmet in yellow,black,red,white, silver and in marc colmer replica colours! when in the uk they only come in sliver and white and loads more footpegs like orange anodised ones and meny more when over here in the uk you can only buy silver hebo ones and one or two other types

Correct me if im wrong but I thought trials was more popular in the uk than anywhere else in the world!? so then why are most of the trials products not avalble in the uk? :wall:

now its time for everyone to rip into me :wall:

Probably just demand trials lad. The shops in UK are only gonna stock what they reckon they can sell. Maybe their arent that many people wanting the bits you mention??

Helmets is an easier one to answer in that, some models may not be type approved for UK???(I think that happens with road helmets)...and then they may not be allowed to be sold in UK.??.........no expert on this ...but I think that MIGHT be the reason?

ALSO..might just be that some UK shops dont put everything on their website. Try BVM..they've been able to get hold of virtually anything I've ever wanted! :wall:

That's fairly typical of trials in the UK. The marketing has always been appalling, and the dealers are afraid to risk their profit by holding more 'interesting' stock. Many retailers from other sectors will buy in such items and market them to make the public WANT to buy them. If I was in the market for a new set of footpegs, I'd be more than happy to buy from a selection of coloured ones rather than the usual silver. The UK dealers will soon be replaced by European mail order/Internet, and will only have themselves to blame :ducksandrunsforcover:

I'm a sucker for marketing - why don't trials dealers capitalise on me?!

Edited by tobeee

On one hand I agree with you tobee..but I think there are still alot of people (myself included) who will IF POSSIBLE rather buy from a shop down the road..even if they cant get the colour they want.

An interesting slant to the story from me, is that I have to buy basically EVERYTHING for trials from outside Hong Kong. I usually use bvm and they have been EXCELLENT...ALLWAYS.

I have however for one or two items that I couldnt get in UK, used some other places...and i wont mention any names because they were NOT as good as the UK shops. :wall::wall:

Just my opinion..I'm sure some of you wont like it..but its just what I have experienced. No offence intended :wall:

I have bought stuff from Spanish trials stores on the net. However if the same product was available down the road at the same price, then I would shop there. In my opinion it is up to the UK shops to be as competetive, both in price and in the range of products stocked, as there overseas counter parts. If there not then people are going to start shopping elsewhere.

I recently bought a Hebo windtex jacket from Scottish Trial because I couldn't get the size and colour I wanted anywhere in the UK. It was also cheaper and that included postage and packing.

CK

PS They also included some stickers and a Scottish Trial Hebo bar pad free of charge.

Edited by Cota Kid