2011 EVO AM I JINXED

duggan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey betabonkers! that Sounds very familier! All my other evos fenders were great, but Defo seeing a pattern forming now with the 2011 models. I've just fitted another one to ride tomorrow. I've a strong feeling I'll be up to six tomorrow. It's now taking the p**s!!!

Hey betabonkers! that Sounds very familier! All my other evos fenders were great, but Defo seeing a pattern forming now with the 2011 models. I've just fitted another one to ride tomorrow. I've a strong feeling I'll be up to six tomorrow. It's now taking the p**s!!!

Its the first rear mudguard ive bought and im on my tenth beta, ive got a feeling im gonna be buying a few more this year.

I have seen someone at a local trials use zip ties wrapped around the sub fraim struts and thru the screw holes. He said the zip ties yield before the plastic. His bike is an 09.

Edited by Liviob

Hmmm like years of crappy clutch plates? It's important that Beta get lot's of feedback that this is unacceptable so they can take it back to their supplier. Maybe this is the start of the Chinese parts invasion. Maybe not. You'd hope Beta learned the lesson from snapped frames on the 2009 Evo that there are places you can save money and places that you had better get right or profit goes to zero. Right now fenders look to the factory to be a revenue generator. They need to hear right now that this will hurt them in the long run and they better get it sorted "muy pronto" or it's going to cost them bike sales. All you guys who've snapped fenders should contact them through their website info@betamotor.com.

I have seen someone at a local trials use zip ties wrapped around the sub fraim struts and thru the screw holes. He said the zip ties yield before the plastic. His bike is an 09.

Chances are the 09 fender will be Spot on anyways they could be bent in all directions without snapping

Chances are the 09 fender will be Spot on anyways they could be bent in all directions without snapping

I have a 1 1/2 years on my 09 fender and tore it halfway across yesterday. While 09 may be better than 2011. I have never seen any japanese plastic as brittle as Beta's. The new Sherco plastic is very flexible. Beta may have a problem with their supplier, but Beta seems to have always specked brittle plastic on their trials bikes. It's sad to think they might do this just to create revenue. I'm curious to know if their enduro bikes have brittle plastic too. Bet they dont.

Edited by Liviob

As Mobbster said in his post my fender broke (black colour) yesterday and I didn't even fall off the bike , only caught it with my boot as I jumped off at the top of a bank. Broke a new white fender while riding in the snow and that shattered into lots of pieces from a very gentle fall onto the bikes side whilst riding on a slope ,this I put down to the cold weather but now I'm not sure as they do seem really fragile.

Previous fender was on the bike for approx 1 year and had been bent into all shapes without any problems .

Cheers Chris

Preston Petty where art thou?

Hey at this rate Duggan you could have bought two carbon fiber fenders. They still can snap but you would have been stylin'

Oh yeah I noticed on my '08 one of the fender screws had pulled clean through but the fender is not even cracked.

Edited by Dan Williams

Preston Petty where art thou?

Hey at this rate Duggan you could have bought two carbon fiber fenders. They still can snap but you woud have been stylin'

Yeah least they'd look cool! Does anyone make aftermarket fenders for the Evo?