Help sherco 250

stilly

Well you got to ck it again. It should not have sheared a key. If it has then, you gotta get that part right first. If not,then on to the rest.

I would try a CDI unit first, before going to the stator. But I am lazy. And Cheap, so I would borrow one! :rolleyes:

new stator arrived to day with no timing marks on, i recon i will just fit it the same as the old 1, fingers crossed it works, <_<

Note the positioning of the screws in the slots exactly(gaps at either side) and you should be ok I would think.

Good luck! :rolleyes:

Hi, just reading this post and i know it might sound daft, but can some explain what lapping the flywheel to the shaft is?????????

Yes, but this is only neccessary in extreme cases of damage due to a slip and shear to the point that the hard metals of the crank and wheel have been damaged to the point they no longer fit together.

Any "smearing" of the softer metal of a keyway should be removed to hopefully prevent the need to perform this, yet all in all, it is just a re-polishing of the original surfaces, by hand. :rolleyes: