New boy from Yorkshire

jonabonospen

Hello there boys and girls. I'm Jon. I am 29 years old and I live in Wakefield in West Yorkshire. I currently ride on the road and have been doing so for about 4 years now. Currently I own a 53 plate Honda Blackbird and two Kawasaki ZXR750-L bikes. Due to some financial commitments I have to fulfil (bloody taxman), and also due to wanting a new challange and to learn some new skills, I want to sell my two ZXR's and then buy myself a trials bike and give it a bash.

Being honest I couldnt decide what sort of off-road riding I would like to try, but I think trials is the one for me for now. It seems to be the safest of the different off-road disciplines, probably the cheapest, and also maybe the best for someone with no off-road experience. I did like the look of the trail riding / hare & hounds stuff but think that the skills learnt in trials would be pretty essential to tackle hare & hounds riding. The other benefit to the trials riding is that there is a place pretty close to me in Birstall (sure plenty of you know it) so it would be really local for me to get too and from.

Have got loads of questions buzzing around in my head about it all so will start posting them up :hyper:

Hi Jon - Welcome to the fun world of Trials. Bumpy is a great place to learn at so that's good - but you should not be afraid to join up with a couple of clubs that cater for Novice / beginners.

My club Spen Valley is a good 'un with lots of friendly types and some good venues too. Just