beta rev 3 flywheel position

rfield84515

hi there, i recently just bought a 2003 beta rev 3 270. i bought it as a non runner and after searching on the internet and finding it only sometimes gave a weak spark i sent the stator off to be rewound. i had marked the stator plate so i new which position it went but does the flywheel have to go on in a specific position? as i put it all back together but its still doing the same thing. many thanks

the fly wheel lines up one way only ASLONG AS YOU HAVE THE DRIFT KEY IN !!

on the shaft what the flywheel goes onto there is a half moon shaped indentation, in this there is a drift key ( also half moon shaped ) which fits in with a bit that sticks above the shaft

on the fly wheel there is a groove, this in turn lines up with the drift key.

i would start with the cheapest part and replace the spark plug, then check the kill switch (these are a source of problems). check/replace the coil.

hi there, i recently just bought a 2003 beta rev 3 270. i bought it as a non runner and after searching on the internet and finding it only sometimes gave a weak spark i sent the stator off to be rewound. i had marked the stator plate so i new which position it went but does the flywheel have to go on in a specific position? as i put it all back together but its still doing the same thing. many thanks

The flywheel can only go in one position, determined by the keyway which fits over the Woodruff key on the crank. I take it a previous owner has not removed the key?