New here from Idaho USA

jrpettet

Howdy all, I'm Josh

I've been looking for some more info and people into trials for a while now and came across this site. This looks like the best forum around to get connected.

Trials has been in my family for around 30 years. Enthusiasm here in Idaho Falls seems to come and go. At one point we almost had a club going then things slowed down and that happend serveral times (though we never got close to starting a club again). Currently I don't know anybody around here that actively rides anymore.

At then end of last summer the swing arm on my '99 techno broke in half. :wall: I haven't fixed it because of the snow and my jeep (i do alot with local offroading clubs around here). I would like to find some good vendors in the states. In years past I got all my parts from Top Notch Trials, then Northern Utah Trials Supply.

Here are some pics just for fun

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx87/JRPettet/DSCN0008.jpg

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx87/JRPettet/p3.jpg

Edited by JRPettet

Yea, i have looked on the beta usa page. i have called a couple of the places listed for this area but didn't get anyone. I've also sent out a email to my old supplier. I'm sure there are places in Utah i just don't get down there much.

If i don't have any luck down here i'll look into that place in elko.

Are there any good internet stores for old beta parts around? I do pretty much all of my jeep stuff online with the different vendors.

Cheers and welcome,

Might see if you can get that swingarm to a (good) qualified welder!(been done before) Or if nothing else, sign up for the classified section on here with a want ad!

Never know who may have one around!

Cheers,

thanks!

the funny thing is that this particular swing arm has been repaired once already (where the suspension linkage bolts on). Right now the swing arm is nearly ripped in half. the aluminum came appart in the center of the swing arm and there is less than 1cm of material holding the halvs of the swing arm together.

I'm searching the web right now to at least find a price for a new arm...