New 125 Pro Racing Model Limited Edition

trials lad

I heard about this new machine on Sunday from a well known Mr Danby,

he said it would be interesting to see if the bike performs as good as the

modified ones they use on the British rounds etc. I will certainly be having a

look for my son, we are a strong lover of the Sherco 125 at the moment but

are looking to upgrade from the 04. ;) Big Decision.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been on one and was very impressed, smooth power, very light front end and the Ohlins rear shock really feels good - especially over the bigger rocks. The clutch was very light and to me the engine seemed to have plenty of power, it had instant power for steps etc but as I said earlier it is still a very smooth controlled response.

The front brake was very good but I didn't really use the rear brake as I wasn't on it for too long. It had plenty of grip up muddy wet climbs, but as expected it needs a bit more work than 250. I found it to be far more suitable for me than the Beta 250 I have, mainly because of the extremly light front end, it was very flickable and didn't feel bulky in the slightest which is the sorta problem I have with Montesa's.

All in all a great bike, lots of easy contollable power and a good shock for the bigger rocks and flicking around, I didn't get too longa go on it but the time I did have on it I loved....

Lloyd

I had a look at one today - in Yellow very std looking until you notice the bars and the shock. It also had a 42T rear sprocket ?

No 'Racing' model or 'Raga Jnr' or 'Team' decals that would identify it from a std 05 125.

I'm surprised that it doesn't stand out like a Raga does, especially as its targeted at the fickle but brand aware youth market.

A couple of pounds on some identifying stickers could have set it apart. Maybe its the stealth version that I saw. Nice bike, but I think a marketing opportunity has been missed.

Edited by Subira