mastering rear wheel hopping

Hey Guys

Just going to reignite the topic a bit. I find that the techniques work very well for two strokes. I can hop my mates gasgas with ease but i really struggle to hop the rear wheel on my 4rt.

Can anyone recommend a technique that may work? I can load and move the front with ease but the back does not want to budge. Seems like the sections around here are getting tighter so hopefully if I can master this technique it will help my results a little bit.

Any help would be much appreciate. Also I KNOW the bike is like a tractor so please do not point it out LOL :banana2:

Thanks

Hey Guys

Just going to reignite the topic a bit. I find that the techniques work very well for two strokes. I can hop my mates gasgas with ease but i really struggle to hop the rear wheel on my 4rt.

Can anyone recommend a technique that may work? I can load and move the front with ease but the back does not want to budge. Seems like the sections around here are getting tighter so hopefully if I can master this technique it will help my results a little bit.

Any help would be much appreciate. Also I KNOW the bike is like a tractor so please do not point it out LOL :banana2:

Thanks

Well, you said it, not me. Seems to me these things take some effort to move. My experience with the early ones was it seemed the V-mar rear linkage things seemed to liven up the rear a bit. But being a bit heavier bike, good teknique becomes more critical with a good compression of the rear and followed by a hard push down and forward on the front. Takes some energy!

The biggest problem most people have when hopping the rear is losing balance when it lands.

What you need to do is from stationary let yourself and the bike fall to the side but instead of putting your foot down try to hop the back wheel over to regain your balance (just like you would do if you were standing on one leg).

Step by step then (hop to right)-

Front brake on, bars turned slightly left.

let the bike unbalance to right.

Compress rear suspension with legs

As suspension moves up help by dropping clutch slightly and moving weight forwards.

Hop wheel to right to 'regain balance'

Simple!