2009 shock set up

bucktonite

Just wondering, what is the screw for on the bottom of my 2009 sherco rear shock? is it structural or adjustable for set up?

What are the recommendations for shock set up?

You are referring to the damping adjuster screw I believe. If it is all well clean and working, you should be able to feel slight clicks in it's positioning at around 1/4 turn each as I recall. Do not force it if it is bound up. It will break.

On my '07, which should be similar, I seem to recall turning to right increased damping, backing out left reduced it. About 20ish click range.

You just gotta find your preferred setting. On my year I run it in all the way, then backed out about 3 clicks.

Hey cope do you have any experience of the 2011 ? hanbook says it can be agjusted without removing the shock, thats fine if you can find/see/get to the screw, is there a "trick" way in to it? do you have to remove tank and or silencer?

The adjuster is at the bottom of the shock so if you get a long thin screwdriver you should be able to adjust it from underneath down by the chain tensioner without removing the shock, it's not easy but it is possible.

post-13064-0-72930600-1299854118.jpg

Edited by splatshop

Thanks for that mate , I ended up taking back wheel out, dropping the links and the rear bottom shock mount/link bolt, just as well really as it all benifited from a clean up and greasing. I'm much happier with the damping as it is, had to take a flyer on what the screw did; its in for less damping, it was from new all way out, wound the spring up about 3mm also ( I'm 13.5 stone) whole bike feels more balanced now.