Hi from N.Z.

bashplate

Hi,

ex yorkshireman :beer: and trials rider from back in the '70's (325 bultaco), now living in the south island of new zealand. Just getting back into the off road stuff, after years of road riding. Built myself a classic style trials out of a XL 200 which had been run over by a tractor :wacko: .....it was a wee bit bent !!!! but it's straightened up and morphed into a trials bike quite well :thumbup: .Had a few practice rides to sort out a few things with set up, and the old technique is coming back nicely. First trial in a couple of weeks, looking forward to it. Will try and put some pictures of the bike on forum.....when i've worked out how, will proberbly be in the honda section.

:guinness: cheers Trev

Hi

I think they are running a twinshock class at the NZ nationals near Hamiton. Love to see you there, but you need to book accommodation now for october as it clashes with the rugby world cup :moon: .May catch you at Kaikura if we get to go. Thats one you must ride, a great 3 day at queens birthday weekend. So kiaora Trev Pete & John Haynes Rotorua

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Trev welcome to trials in NZ. Great looking bike mate. The twin shock class in NZ is very strong so you'll meet some great folks.

I'm sure you have done this but .....check the bar to peg distance on the bike, trail bikes normally have bars too far back and pegs too far forward to be really well balanced for trials. Just a thought.

Hi Trev welcome to trials in NZ. Great looking bike mate. The twin shock class in NZ is very strong so you'll meet some great folks.

I'm sure you have done this but .....check the bar to peg distance on the bike, trail bikes normally have bars too far back and pegs too far forward to be really well balanced for trials. Just a thought.

thanks for that.any idea what the bar to peg distance should be?.....i just set mine up as best i could when i altered the frame. it was all guesswork, from when i used to ride years ago, but moved the footrests back a fair way.

Edited by bashplate

Set the bars vertical (the piece straight after the clamp area) as a good starting point. Then go to a trial to see how far back a Honda TLR250 pegs are relative to the rear tyre (but check where the chain is adjusted to as well!). Check a few other bikes for peg position as well.

Set the bars vertical (the piece straight after the clamp area) as a good starting point. Then go to a trial to see how far back a Honda TLR250 pegs are relative to the rear tyre (but check where the chain is adjusted to as well!). Check a few other bikes for peg position as well.

hi ralphy,

thats just what i did when i was modifying the frame :thumbup: . guess i was about right with it, as it feels good to ride and well balanced. tightened up the steering angle and softened the suspension too, so it's just about there, bar a few minor tweeks. may never be as good as a TLR.....but it's giving me lots of fun :D