gt32 contact 327cc 1993

jdhogg

Hello every body

just got my hands on one of these , a 93 327cc trials eith usd forks , i believe ita the gt32 or contact 320.

excuse my ignorance its my first trials bike and my first 2 stroke! has loads of 4 strokes and pretty good with the spanners but if anyone out there can send me some info on oil capacity/gera box oil capacity . where it goes etc etc ?

any help would be appreciated , there even seems to be loads of difference in the oil/fuel ratios people use? dont know what to go with for such an old engine?

any help please?

jon.daniels@sky.com

thanks

jon

Hello every body

just got my hands on one of these , a 93 327cc trials with usd forks , i believe ita the gt32 or contact 320.

excuse my ignorance its my first trials bike and my first 2 stroke! has loads of 4 strokes and pretty good with the spanners but if anyone out there can send me some info on oil capacity/gera box oil capacity . where it goes etc etc ?

any help would be appreciated , there even seems to be loads of difference in the oil/fuel ratios people use? dont know what to go with for such an old engine?

any help please?

thanks

jon

Jon,

You'll find a parts manual and other good downloadable info for your bike at Jim Snell's website: http://www.trialspartsusa.com/tech.html .

General consensus is that 80:1 of a full-synthetic premix oil works well. 650-700cc's of Dexron ATF, changed often, is a good place to start as far as tranny oil is concerned. Standard drain plug (6mm Allen?) on the bottom and the same type plug to fill at the top, usually by the kickstart shaft area. Cut 5mm off your old Allen wrench as the plugs are aluminum and easily stripped out.

Post any questions you have, there are still a lot of the old bikes out there. Incidently, your engine is designed to run on minumum 95 octane as it is fairly high compression (as you've found out from trying to kick it over).

Jon