Sherco 1999 250

rezurect

Hello everybody,

I am looking for a bit of worldly knowledge...... Having rebuilt the bike over the winter with much frustration :wall: i have eventually got to the point of getting her going again. Now all was well after the rebuild and it started fine..... and carried on running fine.

I had to fit a new clutch cable and sort the back brake and we were ready to go. Tried starting her again but no joy.

Checked all the obvious and eventually got hacked off and drained the carb, cleaned the jets, changed the fuel, renewed the fuel hose and checked fuel was being drawn through to the carb. All good and a nice strong spark. Still no start though. Eventually checked the stop switch and found quite low resistance. Disconnected it and away it went after two kicks.

I cut out the stop switch and put a temporary switch in but found the resistance is still low?? :wall:

Checked the coil and it seems the low resistance to earth ~600ohms is coming from the coil.

So does anyone know what resistance i should get from the coil to earth?

Worst case i will run without a stop button but just wondered if its possible to sort without buying a new coil.

Any info is welcome

Cheers

Iain

I know what you mean Cope. Its a very strange situation. I thought the button was knackered but it looks like the low resistance to earth is def coming from the coil.

Its no major drama as i said cause i will just run without a stop button.

The only thing i could think of was if the coil has somehow got a restricted earth fault through the bolt to the frame?? but nevermind at least its running.

Cheers

Iain