Kickstart hitting tank

houseape1000

DSC00182.jpg

My kickstart hits my fuel tank on return and generally shakes around a bit and it is starting to mark the tank.

Is there anything I can do to fix it, or can I just glue a small patch of rubber to the tank....does the superglue for rubber damage the tank ?

What is the centre pop mark for, it looks like it's for a ball bearing to sit in but there's no ball bearing and doesn't look like there was one.

Edited by houseape1000

yes my kickstart has done that too on my o4 one. its broken through the laquer and has made a right mess.

the kickstart does seem to click in which means there must be a ballbearing and spring, but it seems to go past further and flap about against the tank. possibly just wear amd tear.

still it give me the oppotunity to have a tank paint job and bling up the old gal!

Had the same thing happen on the Scorpa I just bought.Made up a little alloy plate to the shape of the kick start cut out.Also made a water pump protector using an old heel plate from a Yamaha FZR 400 rearset(simply put a slight bend in it and drilled the bash plate and bolted it on.Not pretty but it works,tested it out yesterday :thumbup: .

cheers the noo Brian

A couple of layers of gaffer tape in the recess of the tank will give it some protection :icon_salut:

I think my kick start has a ball & spring <_<

The kick start does have a ball & spring but it's further in, you have to take the kick start arm off to see it. <_<

Edited by BigMike1961

I ended up gluing a bit of rubber with contact adhesive.

As far as the ball-bearing thingy goes, it must be inside the kick and locates on the shaft somewhere, does anyone know if I can take the kick start off the swivel without the ball escaping.

Cheers,

Andy.