OK, I'm in..... 2003 Scorpa bought and delivered.

grizz

Hi Griz, Looks like a nice clean SY you have there, I advise while your still wobbling you get your self some BMX knee pads, a kidney belt and wear a camel back to rehydrate and protect your spine. Sounds a bit extreem but I swear by them and although I no longer wobble I still turn turtle from time to time. I would also check you have a black slow action throttle, and the slower setting on the stator, not the racing setting.

Although riding in Perth Aus I cut my teeth in trials around the Medway towns, Snodland to be exact I don't suppose there's many places to ride yhere now though.

Great choice of bike it will out last all the rest happy trialing.

Hi Yamfan, I live over in St Mary Hoo, you are absolutely right, there are not a lot of places to ride, we have to go 80km to Reigate area to get a decent place, although I had a nice ride just outside Wrotham a few weeks ago, on an organised ride.

Just a reminder of what a great bike you have,

I was at a trial today riding against my nemises who has a new Sherco 4st we were averaging around 10 points a lap so the last lap we swapped bikes..... I dropped 15 on the new sherco costing $A 11,000 and he dropped 4 on my 08 SY costing $A 4000 and is now wondering why he has spent so much on a leg burning 4st.

Thank you, I do like it a lot, perfect for a beginner and prefect for a slow learner like me.

Had a friend and his wife over for dinner last night, and he is a 4stroke fan, but actually like the bike a lot, and was very impressed with the value for money I got.

Often more expensive is not necessarily better.

• 2 months later...

I would also check you have a black slow action throttle, and the slower setting on the stator, not the racing setting.

How would one know if the bike is set on the racing or slow setting on the stator? How easy is it to check/change?

Any info would be good, I've got a 2005 model.

Incidentally it came with the fast action throttle which probably accounted for the numerous offs I suffered at the start. ( that and being not very good) :mellow: