Different clutch on 2008?

montesaman

Hoping for some 4RT advice. I have just bought a 2008 Mont having previously had 06 and 07 models, and 315s for 7 years before that. Can anyone tell me if they changed the clutch from 2007 to 2008?

Reason I ask is this 08 has much stronger spring - reminds me more of a beta rev 3 for example and I don't like it. One of the reasons I have always liked Montesas is the superlight clutch, and having put on a 315 Master on the 06 and 07 4RTs I got the same feel as with my 315 - a nice bite and superlight. I find the light clutch reduces cramp on long trials like the SSDT.

Strangely, it actually already has the 315 size bigger master on this new 08 one so it can't be that. Only difference I can see is the clutch cable is different in that it doesn't have the metal silver beading round it (don't know if this is standard?).

If I had to guess I would say it had stronger clutch springs so does anyone know if they made changes in 08? Any other ideas?

Cheers