TY80 REAR BETOR SHOCKS

betarick

Well after 2 outings for my son on the ty80 we restored the rear shockers gave up today ie both leaked there oil! they where new betor shocks i got about 18 months ago! can they be stripped down and repaired or are they a sealed unit!Also i had them mounted with damper at top so stickers where the right way up is this correct? anyone else had trouble with betor shocks?

I had the same problem and one of my new Betor shocks for my TY80 gave out after less than 20 minutes. The seal on the shock just gave out and there was a green rubber hunk sticking out from the seal and the oil just drooled out with every bump. I had them mounted the same way you did and it is the correct orientation.

I could not get any help from the US Betor distributor.......not even a reply after 4 months of trying. Finally the dealer just returned my money.

Edited by 1oldbanjo

Who are the uk distributer for betor shocks? Im not happy that both shockers should lose all there oil in about 5 hours of my son riding bike! Tryed emailing trail & trials uk where shockers came from and as yet i have heard nothing! Dont want to be buying another pair of shocks & why should i!