Help Identifying a schoolboy Bike?

johnhenry

Afternoon all

During a day of riding on a family friends farm, we all tried to identify a bike which didn't have any clear branding on either frame or engine. All i've got is the description, no photographs as we we're all in the gear, sorry.

A schoolboy sized bike, with a racing/mallard green and yellow striped single piece seat and fuel tank (metal fuel tank under fiberglass).

The Engine was hung under a single tube down pipe from the head stock

The engine itself is a rotary disc valve unit (looks like a 75-125 sized) with a czechoslovakian downdraft carb

There is a right hand side rear brake system with crossover bar, similar to Sprite frames as i've seen on the net.

A small plaque on the rear fender reads "Dennis Kelly"

Having been over the bike, the only thing that resembles a logo on the engine is a circle with concave sides on the centre of the engine cover. The only other branding is the "dennis Kelly" plaque. No numbers on the engine or frame, but there were areas that were covered in gunk so they might have been missed.

Would love to find out what it is, as it's a dear little bike

Cheers

John

This is also posted in the pre 65 forum, but no-one got back to me, so im just trying to get a wider audience and its puzzling us all :S

When you said disc valve engine i immediately thought "mecatecno 80"

Also i think these had a single frame top tube with the engine slung underneath.

Do a google search & see if it matches yours.

Thanks for the reply! although it definitely isnt one of those im afraid, far older in appearance, im going to upload some sketches, when i work out how! might be abit easier!

i think what'll happen is ill just buy the thing of my mate, then clean it up, take it down to a pre 65 trials, and have a sign saying 'WHAT IS THIS BIKE?'!