Best way to charge spare batteries?

We have a 12.5 and a 36v in the house, and the boys are at the point of having more endurance than the batteries do (even w/ fresh 10.5ah batteries).

What would be the easiest way of charging 2 or 3 12v lead acid batteries off the bike?

Do the Oset chargers have the brain in them that monitors the output of the charger, or is that control part of the bike?

If that's the case, would I simply need to set the batteries up in series (right voltage to the right charger), and buy a connector that will attach to the Oset chargers?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Providing they are all good battery's then you could just parallel them up and use the existing charger but this will make the charge time longer. There are some very good 10Ah chargers about for SLA batterys if you want to charge them up faster. Do you mean you have a 36v sla charger in the house?

Thanks Gwhy - I meant using the supplied 36v Oset charger for 3 batteries in series. That would only require me to source a connector like the one on the frame of the bike, and build a little charging station.

Would that work?

Pete

Providing they are all good battery's then you could just parallel them up and use the existing charger but this will make the charge time longer. There are some very good 10Ah chargers about for SLA batterys if you want to charge them up faster. Do you mean you have a 36v sla charger in the house?

Thanks Gwhy - I meant using the supplied 36v Oset charger for 3 batteries in series. That would only require me to source a connector like the one on the frame of the bike, and build a little charging station.

Would that work?

Pete

Hi Pete,

It would be easiest to use the oset 36v charger as you say and just connect the batterys in series yes that will work.