Hidden

nigel dabster

Without question everything is not rosey at ossa but ffs they finished the ssdt and (I am guessing here) emma bristow won the ladies event last weekend.

then theres the cabby/raga type special called a Fajardo anyone know why its a secret?

Maybe they have only just got the internet in cumbria but the pr in the uk is rubbish.

Why?

maybe the faults if there are any are so big they don't want to mention the bike at all but its a new bike its not going to be perfect and its streets ahead of the Sherco-greeves.

Guest tobeee

Without question everything is not rosey at ossa but ffs they finished the ssdt and (I am guessing here) emma bristow won the ladies event last weekend.

then theres the cabby/raga type special called a Fajardo anyone know why its a secret?

Maybe they have only just got the internet in cumbria but the pr in the uk is rubbish.

Why?

maybe the faults if there are any are so big they don't want to mention the bike at all but its a new bike its not going to be perfect and its streets ahead of the Sherco-greeves.

Yep, does seem to be lacking! I just bought one of Emma's bikes, and scoured the interweb for general information and pictures to get excited about, but it was a real effort to find anything English. It's a lovely bike (still only had a quick potter around my driveway!) and quite radical, so you'd think they'd be making a real fuss about it. Anyway, Emma seems to be a good ambassador for them, and they're winning stuff, so I imagine they'll do OK! Hope so!

Why?

Hi

Got to say just been out for the first trial after careful run-in of new ossa and what a fabulous thing it is!!! Couple of mapping issues [easily fixed with excellent advice and aftercare from Andy Metcalfe in Teesside]and it runs faultlessly. After a 4RT it's like riding a trials cycle :-)and it's the most confidence inspiring thing I've been on [tried just about everything before getting it] and for a 50 something getting back into it after a 25 yr abscence, that's a BIG factor.

So let's hear it for Ossa, can't wait to see how they develop it.

Will-in-the-mud

Hi

Got to say just been out for the first trial after careful run-in of new ossa and what a fabulous thing it is!!! Couple of mapping issues [easily fixed with excellent advice and aftercare from Andy Metcalfe in Teesside]and it runs faultlessly. After a 4RT it's like riding a trials cycle :-)and it's the most confidence inspiring thing I've been on [tried just about everything before getting it] and for a 50 something getting back into it after a 25 yr abscence, that's a BIG factor.

Will-in-the-mud

PS The Fajardo repica isn't a secret but they only made 100 for worldwide distribution and they're all long since sold [as I found out when I tried to get one...]so I don't think they bothered with any publicity. I think the interest in the next Fajardo rep [assuming they do one] will be much greater [i'll be putting my name down for sure!!!]

Yep, does seem to be lacking! I just bought one of Emma's bikes, and scoured the interweb for general information and pictures to get excited about, but it was a real effort to find anything English. It's a lovely bike (still only had a quick potter around my driveway!) and quite radical, so you'd think they'd be making a real fuss about it. Anyway, Emma seems to be a good ambassador for them, and they're winning stuff, so I imagine they'll do OK! Hope so!

you seen our new land toby?

Guest tobeee

you seen our new land toby?

Not yet! Managed a quick walk over at the new rocky-style Nash on Sunday, but that's the closest I've been to a trials venue for a few years! I'll be looking at the Buzzard's new home soon - hopefully with the bike, though need to get a towbar fitted first! Be good to see you all again!

Guest tobeee

Hi

Will-in-the-mud

Hi Will

How do you find the Ossa's turning circle? I was quite surprised how poor it was compared to my old GG, but I suppose it has been a long time since I rode that maybe it wasn't much better. Wonder if there's any way of improving it?

Hi tobee

Anyway if you hadn't seen it, the jist was I did wonder but had a mont before and it was about the same [and similar to a sherco I tried] but deffo not quite as good as a GG or Beta. However, wasn't an issue in the club trial I rode in on Sunday so we'll see. You can get a "racing" clamp from Ossa and also xclamps [both about £400 apparently-gulp...] and I've heard that you can take a little off the bottom triple clamp [don't fancy doing that] or even the edge of the tank [not keen on that idea either...] which can help. Think I'll see how we get on. Otherwise it is a wonderful thing and can't wait to see what the next Fajardo replica turns out like [think I'll put my name down now!!]

Best wishes

Will