MCN 1978

pat slinn

Hi Guy's, Please can anybody help me., Not strictly pre 65 trials, however, I am trying to locate a copy of Motor Cycle New's from the late summer/early autumn of 1978. There is a photograph, ( it may be on the front cover) of Eddie Roberts standing next to Mike Hailwood's 1978 F1 Ducati after he had crashed it. The picture caption says something like " What will I tell Mike". Does anybody have a copy of this edition ?, if so please can you photostat a copy of the photograph and story and/or email it to me. Thank you. Pat.

Hi Guy's.

For you guy's that don't know Pat's history.

Not only was he one of the works BSA development engineers, and is the man that kept BSA afloat for several year's after developing the WD B40 BSA that sold to army's near and far.

But he also did the same sort of job for Ducati and was much respected by the owners of this mark. And developed the bike that "Mike The Bike" rode on his return to motorcycle racing, after a spell in F1. He is a superb motor cycle engineer, and deserves more praise than the guy gets,( following on from his father) but was also a brilliant trials rider,of the time.( and ISDT) But like all development riders got little praise for his riding ability, at the time,but was the backbone of the "British Motorcycle" history.

And last but not least was the man who invented the BSA trials frame that is now named "Otter". :thumbup: :thumbup:

Regards Charlie.

Hi Guy's.

For you guy's that don't know Pat's history.

Not only was he one of the works BSA development engineers, and is the man that kept BSA afloat for several year's after developing the WD B40 BSA that sold to army's near and far.

But he also did the same sort of job for Ducati and was much respected by the owners of this mark. And developed the bike that "Mike The Bike" rode on his return to motorcycle racing, after a spell in F1. He is a superb motor cycle engineer, and deserves more praise than the guy gets,( following on from his father) but was also a brilliant trials rider,of the time.( and ISDT) But like all development riders got little praise for his riding ability, at the time,but was the backbone of the "British Motorcycle" history.

And last but not least was the man who invented the BSA trials frame that is now named "Otter". :thumbup: :thumbup:

Regards Charlie.

Hello pat I have a few MCNs but unfortunatly i cant find the article your looking for, when I get a little more time I may be able to go through more thoughly the weeks i have for 1978 but im sure that the article is not on the front pages of the copies I have but there is quite abit about Mike hailwood Sorry John.